Sichuan Egg Fried Rice

Chinese is one of my favorite cuisines. Whenever I want to avoid too many masalas/spices and eat something tasty and light Chinese is alway...

Chinese is one of my favorite cuisines. Whenever I want to avoid too many masalas/spices and eat something tasty and light Chinese is always my choice. I just love every variety of fried rice and gravies they make. I always wanted to make it at home but how much ever you try it is tough to get the restaurant taste. Mainly because of the way they cook. I have tried adopting some of the methods they use and get close to the restaurant taste like cooking on high flame, tossing the food in a wok etc. I was happy the way my fried rice turned out. 




Ingredients

For Sichuan Sauce

Dry red chillies – 10
Water – 1 cup
Oil – 4 tbsp
Onion – 1 medium – finely chopped
Ginger – 2 inch – grated
Garlic – 8 – finely chopped
Tomato ketchup – 4 tbsp
Salt
Vinegar – 2 tsp

For Fried Rice

Eggs - 3
Cooked rice – 4 cups
Oil- 3 tbsp
Onion – 1 medium – finely chopped
Sichuan Sauce – 4 tbsp
Salt


Method

For Sichuan Sauce

Boil red chillies in one cup water for around 10-15 mins. Drain the water and grind the chillies into a thick fine paste.
Heat oil in a pan. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Sauté till the onion turns pink. Add the red chilli paste and sauté. Add tomato ketchup, vinegar and salt. Give it a good mix. Take off the heat. The sauce is ready.

For Fried Rice

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick wok. Add some salt and break the eggs. Scramble it and cook till done. Dish out the egg and keep it aside.

To the same wok add 2 tbsp oil. Add onion and sauté till it turns pink. Add the 4 tbsp of above prepared sauce. Add salt and cooked rice. Toss it well till the rice gets mixed with the sauce. Check for seasoning. Serve hot.


My Notes

ü Chinese cooking is done on high flame so keep the flame high while cooking. Keep all the ingredients ready before starting to cook.

ü You need to be quick in tossing and adding the next ingredient. Do not burn at any step.

Related

Recipes 2912786452269736268

Post a Comment

  1. I really like your Blog. Thanks to Admin for Sharing this Cooking Idea. Addition to this here I am Contributing one more Similar Stories Cooking Tips to prepare Egg fried Rice.

    ReplyDelete

emo-but-icon

Hot in week

Recent

Comments

Copyright Policy

© 2013, Tanya's Recipes . The content and images on this site are copyright registered. It cannot be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without written permission from the Author

Blog Archive

item